Saturday, December 17, 2016

Status: Rafe Heals, Again (#Christmas16 Day 17)

Rafe Malebranche feeling thoughtful with Lucan Thorne and 2 others.
#Christmas16 day 17
*With the sun finally down, I knew it was safe for me to go out. Tonight was the one night I was always given off and I always took some time to myself to reflect and look to the future. I found myself driving around downtown, rather aimlessly at first. It was only when I realized that the city was decorated for Christmas that I realized I needed also needed to pick up some gifts for my parents. I parked by a store that seemed to be open all night, and wandered around inside, hoping to find something for my parents. Thankfully I'd found something for my mother, but my dad was harder to shop for. I'd probably have to order something online, some blades that I knew he'd want. The sales girl was nice enough to wrap the gifts I'd gotten for Mom and put everything into gift bags for me. I thanked her and headed back out into the streets, needing to walk for a bit. Having left my mom's gifts in the car, I started walking around.
As I walked around, my hands in my jacket pockets, I began to contemplate my life. I was born to be a Breed Warrior. I got that from my father. But I was also born to be a healer, thanks to my mother. I never let anyone know but the two different sides of me were always at war with each other. I knew what was expected of me, not only by Lucan and my father, but by all the Breed that came before me. But I also knew was was expected of me because of my mother's blood.
As I kept walking, I passed a young family, huddled together under a street light. They looked like they'd seen better days, and their son looked very unwell and had a very deep cough. I couldn't let them suffer, especially not a child of 5 or so years. There was a diner close by, and I could tell they all needed to eat. I rarely used my Breed powers, but tonight I did, inviting the entire family to join me at the diner. I could easily heal the young boy, without the parents really realizing what I was doing, and I knew they would have at least one good meal. The waitress was incredibly kind, and I made sure that they all had more than enough to eat. I simply asked for a black coffee, using it as a pretense, and put my arm on the back of the banquette the boy and I sat on. I was close enough to him to heal him as he ate, and I did it as to not be obvious. Once they had eaten their fill, I paid the check and offered to give them a lift somewhere. It broke my heart when the father said they didn't have anywhere to go. So I found a clean motel in a safe area of town and paid for them to stay there for a couple of weeks. I also slipped the mother $1000 in twenties and fifties, to help them get buy until they found something better. I altered their memories just enough for them to forget me, but not the good Samaritan that had helped them out. Once I knew they were properly settled, I walked back to my car, and headed back home. For once my birthday was a good one, my Breed powers, used to help people.*

No comments:

Post a Comment