Sunday, May 8, 2016

{Mothers Day} To Tess from Rafe

Rafe Malebranche added a new photo to Tess Culver Malebranche's timeline — with Tess Culver Malebranche.·
*Coming in ever so quietly into my parents quarters, I set down the gifts I had for my mother on the coffee table in their sitting room. The attached note saying everything I could never say out loud* Mom, you've seen the best of me and you've seen the worst of me, yet you've somehow managed to love me anyway. I could never have asked for a more amazing mother. I wouldn't be the Breed I am without you. Happy Mother's Day. Love, Rafe.
Rafe Malebranche
Rafe Malebranche *Sets down the second half of my mother's present hoping she'll like it too*

Tess Culver Malebranche
Tess Culver Malebranche *Walking in to the room, I see a colorful bouquet of flowers on the coffee table. Smiling, I reach over picking up the note. As I beginning reading, tears gather in my eyes at the beautiful, heartfelt words of my amazing son. I wipe away the few tears that traveled down my cheeks and see the beautiful jewelry Rafe left for me. Making my way to the door, I go in search of Rafe to thank him for the wonderful gifts*

Rafe Malebranche
Rafe Malebranche *I was just returning to my rooms after a hard workout when I found my Mom walking towards me. I became worried when I saw the tears in her eyes and hurried towards her.* Mom..... Everything okay? Who made you cry?

Tess Culver Malebranche
Tess Culver Malebranche *Seeing Rafe come toward me and hearing his question, I shake my head.* No, no...These are happy tears, Son. Your words in your letter made me tear up. You know how your mother gets. You may be a grown Breed but you're still my little man. Thank you for the flowers and jewelry. I love them both.

Rafe Malebranche
Rafe Malebranche *I sighed in relief and hugged Mom, kissing her cheek. I'd have seriously hurt anyone who'd made her cry any tears other than those of happiness.* You know every word in that letter is true. And I'm glad you like them. You deserve the very best of everything.

Tess Culver Malebranche
Tess Culver Malebranche *Hugging Rafe back, I smile letting my love for him shine in my eyes.* I already have everything I could possibly want or ever need, I have the best son I could have ever ask for.

Rafe Malebranche
Rafe Malebranche *I smiled, trying not to turn red* You know I turned out the way I did because of you Mom. I wouldn't be who I am without you.

Tess Culver Malebranche
Tess Culver Malebranche *Knowing that Rafe is trying not to turn red, a giggle escapes before I can hold it in.* Care to walk your mom back to my quarters before you get back to what you were doing?

Rafe Malebranche
Rafe Malebranche *I grinned and put an arm around Mom's shoulders* Of course Mom. I'd be honoured. *We headed back towards the rooms she shared with Dad and opened the door for her. She gave me one last hug before she entered her rooms. I gently shut the door behind her and headed back to my rooms.*

No comments:

Post a Comment